Which is worse?
Investing in your people and they leave, or not investing and they stay?
Are you a frustrated professional who sees your talent pool being wasted because some colleagues have taken to avoiding each other, instead of speaking directly and confidently? So much time and productivity is wasted when people don’t even know how to start the conversation that needs to happen or just set necessary limits. When facing people who think differently than you, knowing how to start or end a conversation makes all the difference. I get that!
I am a recovering doormat, or people pleaser. This was not the best approach in business. Over the last 30 years, whenever I learned one of the secrets of confident communication, I couldn’t wait to share it with others who were struggling with challenging relationships. As a former crisis interventionist, counsellor and trainer/educator, I have impacted thousands of people to have better conversations with others who drive them CRAZY!
Today, back in the corporate world, whether from the stage or a more intimate seminar, I love creating an interactive and educational experience that empowers professionals to speak up confidently and respectfully. Imagine finally having the conversations you have been avoiding.
My participants rave about my ability to make them laugh while they are learning. Will your audience be next?
Some facts about me…
- Certified Human Behavior Consultant / Accredited Trainer for DISC Personality Styles
- University trained in educational workshop development and facilitation. (Valedictorian of Certificate Program.)
- Certified as a Family Life Educator and N.L.P. Professional Coach
- Winner of the 2015 World Class Speaker Award at the High Impact Speaking Competition, Ottawa
- My experience spans 30 years as a crisis interventionist including expertise in mental illness, youth protection, women’s shelters, suicide prevention and grief support.
- Have 16 years corporate experience in financial institutions as a Senior Customer Service Rep.
- Member of the Golden Key Honour Society for outstanding academic achievement with a focus on studies on interpersonal relationships and work groups.
- Leadership position in Montreal chapter of Canadian Association of Professional Speakers.
- Wife, mom, stepmom and caregiver daughter, and, I’ve been known to rescue wayward birds, cats, dogs and people.
Thank you Monique for your input and insight. We appreciate your delivery style.
Yves Laberge, General Manager, Mercedes-Benz
Nobody has ever fallen asleep when Monique speaks!
When you book collaboration expert Monique Caissie, get ready for a speaker who is committed to serving her clients. You will benefit from a memorable, dynamic, useful and highly empowering experience.
Monique holds a B.A. with a Specialization in Human Relations and Human Systems Interventions and is a Certified Human Behavior Consultant for DISC. She also draws from her experiences as a Family Life Educator where she practiced process driven-facilitation. This makes her a master at modifying keynotes and seminars to the client’s particular learning goals and situation.
Watch Monique in Action
ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT:
How To Start The Conversation You’ve Been Avoiding
It’s time to give others the data they need to meet your needs. This simple 4 step approach demystifies the elements of respectful and direct communication. Imagine how much better your environment will be when the doormats learn to speak up and the bullies learn to make their requests more respectfully.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Directly ask for what you want without pleading or attacking
- Increase collaboration in the difficult people in your life
- Understand when and how to set consequences
- Set better boundaries and say “No” with more confidence and respect
This is perfect for professionals who find themselves at a loss for words and then feel the moment has passed. These strategies and tips are starting points to open up valuable dialogues and increase confidence and personal effectiveness. I you find yourself hesitating, this is your starting point.
Help the brilliant people in your organization live up to their full potential. Give them the communication tools to deal with the people who drive them crazy!
Your style includes the participation of the audience, which is the best way to learn. I believe this toolbox will be helpful at home too.
Christina Hurley, Canadian National Institute for the Blind, Deaf/Blind Intervenor & Driver/Guide
Her entrepreneurs’ presentation on “Building Better Boundaries for Business” was inspiring, educational and interactive. Rarely have I seen a presentation that engaged such a large percentage of the audience. I would highly recommend Monique as a speaker for your upcoming events.
Diana Lidstone, The Entrepreneur’s GPS, Marketing and Business Coach
CAN’T WE JUST GET ALONG?:
How To Go From Conflict To Collaboration
Do you wonder why Mary clams up when she disagrees and why John yells louder when he’s not getting what he wants? Understanding your underlying needs helps you elevate the quality of your relationships and problem-solving skills. Increase your team’s confidence, creativity and productivity by understanding what drives our behavior when we have a difference of opinion.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Understand what’s behind the conflicts
- Identify which of the 5 modes of conflict you and your colleagues fall into
- Elevate respect and trust amongst team members
Any organization who wants to elevate the civility and collaboration when different personalities are involved will find this program invaluable.
Drawn from the brilliant Thomas-Kilmann models of conflict, this program empowers people to make different behavior choices to improve relationships and outcomes.
Great Presenter! Kept the audience interactive while teaching us how to deal with stress in a good way. There was just the right amount of information presented that I can use right away.
Maxine Murdock, Executive Assistant, Fisher River Economic Development Corp
Monique has offered a variety of programs at the WIWC; courses, support groups, and a workshop series. Her professionalism and passion are evident. and she is extremely adaptable at tailoring her message to the group and the circumstances. Thank you Monique!
Connie Brown, Programming Coordinator, West Island Women’s Centre
DEMYSTIFYING MENTAL ILLNESS:
A Facilitated Dialogue to Tackle the Taboos
Looking for a facilitated dialogue to find solutions that feel good to your organization? You’ve come to the right place.
Unless you are a hermit, you and your colleagues are affected by mental health concerns. Avoiding these concerns is the wrong approach and can cause many other problems. That’s why smart organizations are proactive where they invite education and practical dialogue. This enables them to respond in a humane and practical manner when faced with such challenges.
Because there are as many scenarios and circumstances as there are workplaces, people and families, this facilitated process is modified to answer the concerns or goals of the requesting audience.
You pick a learning objective and Monique facilitates the dialogue.
Sample topics to dig into:
- How to speak to someone you suspect is in denial of their mental illness and might need an assessment
- What the difference is between a mental illness and a personality disorder?
- How to support someone whose family member or loved one is seriously ill
- How to reintegrate someone into the workplace while being both supportive and respecting their privacy
- The importance of setting limits with someone, even if you are worried about their emotional fragility
- How to recognize suicidal signs
We are not defined by the challenges or diseases in our lives! A mental illness diagnosis is a condition which ebbs and flows, just like our bank accounts ebb and flow. These dialogues empower and educate people who are suffering, and also those who care about them.
Perfect for Leaders, Managers and other Smart People.
This facilitated program can be customized from 90 minutes, half-day, full-day to a multiple day event. You can also request a breakout for key leaders in an organization after a keynote. This experience is limited only by your imagination.
Monique will not be offering diagnoses or treatment. These facilitated sessions are meant to open the dialogue and share information.
Monique’s workshop is still raved about. Families appreciated her support and knowledge in developing skills and personal awareness to better their quality of life. She was a beacon of hope for families in crisis, with her practical and concrete guidance.
Lucie Discepola, Executive Director, Friends for Mental Health of the West Island
Monique helped me figure out what was important and set some personal goals. My life has more meaning, balance and now I can self-manage my own health issues knowing how to speak assertively without letting my anxiety drive the bus. It’s nice to feel like an adult.
Tracy W., Montreal, Quebec
I just wanted to thank you for helping me so much. Your smile and genuine caring was so evident and you made a very difficult situation easier. Thank you for telling me that my illness does not define who I am. God bless you for everything: your smile, your jokes and your common sense!
Crisis Center Client, Montreal, Quebec
All topics are available as:
- Keynotes or Breakouts at Special Events
- Half-Day or Full-Day Strategic Work Sessions in House
- Facilitated process as part of a larger consulting experience