My mission is to show you how to come into your own power!
As a natural helper, setting boundaries or delegating was difficult. I jokingly called myself a recovering doormat. In 1984, working as a crisis interventionist in a women’s shelter, I saw that I was not alone in my confusion in how to stop another’s bad behaviors. Seeing first hand how far that can derail, I became determined to figure out the secret to confidently communicate my boundaries and expectations; without my chest tightening up and without guilt.
Since then, I have shared what I learned with friends and clients, and witnessed amazing transformation as their confidence and happiness also grew. After 30+ years of helping others, now I specialize in helping introverted professionals and other smart people learn how to have more collaborative relationships with the people that matter to you, but who might drive you CRAZY!
Some facts about me…
- Certified Human Behavior Consultant / Accredited Trainer for DISC Personality Styles
- University trained in educational workshop development and facilitation. (Valedictorian of Certificate Program.)
- Certified as a Family Life Educator and N.L.P. Professional Coach
- Winner of the 2015 World Class Speaker Award at the High Impact Speaking Competition, Ottawa
- My experience spans 30 years as a crisis interventionist including expertise in mental illness, youth protection, women’s shelters, suicide prevention and grief support.
- Have 16 years corporate experience in financial institutions as a Senior Customer Service Rep and Office Manager.
- Member of the Golden Key Honour Society for outstanding academic achievement with a focus on studies on interpersonal relationships and work groups.
- Active member of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers.
- Wife, mom, stepmom and I was a devoted caregiver for my ageing mother for 12 years. I’ve been known to rescue wayward birds, cats, dogs and people.
Interested in a Dynamic Educational Speaker to Increase Collaborative Behaviours? Tell me about your Upcoming Event.514-661-3470 | email@example.com
Monique’s program on conflict styles and personalities was inspirational and useful. I plan to implement her tools and suggestions on how to reduce conflict, right away.
Selina Yu, CPA, CGA, Senior Accountant at Songhees Nation, Victoria, BC