Time to come into your own power!
Like many others, I came from a very dysfunctional home which affected my ability to have healthy relationships as a young adult. In response, I put my head down, plowed ahead, while trying not to be an emotional target in my home life. In 1984, working as a crisis interventionist in a women’s shelter, I saw that I was not alone in my confusion in how to stop another’s bad behaviors. Seeing first hand how far that can derail, I became determined to figure out the secret to confidently and clearly communicate; without my chest tightening up and without guilt.
Having worked as a counselor, crisis interventionist and a private coach, I have been priviledged to watch people move out of the most challenging situations and transforming their circumstances and relationships. Transferring effective communication knowledge so that people are not ignored and is my passion.
After 30+ years of helping others, now I specialize in helping introverted professionals and other smart people learn what it took me years to test out in my life and in my clients’ lives. You too can enjoy more collaborative relationships with the people that matter to you, but who might drive you CRAZY!
My group participants rave about my ability to make them laugh while they are learning. Will your audience be next?
Some facts about me…
- Certified Human Behavior Consultant / Accredited Trainer for DISC Personality Styles
- University trained in educational workshop development and facilitation. (Valedictorian of Certificate Program.)
- Certified as a Family Life Educator and N.L.P. Professional Coach
- Winner of the 2015 World Class Speaker Award at the High Impact Speaking Competition, Ottawa
- My experience spans 30 years as a crisis interventionist including expertise in mental illness, youth protection, women’s shelters, suicide prevention and grief support.
- Have 16 years corporate experience in financial institutions as a Senior Customer Service Rep and Office Manager.
- Member of the Golden Key Honour Society for outstanding academic achievement with a focus on studies on interpersonal relationships and work groups.
- Active member of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers.
- Wife, mom, stepmom and 12 years as a caregiver for my ageing mother, and, I’ve been known to rescue wayward birds, cats, dogs and people.
Interested in a Dynamic Educational Speaker to Increase Collaborative Behaviours? Tell me about your Upcoming Event.514-661-3470 | firstname.lastname@example.org